Sunday, June 7, 2020

Elevation profiles


Ok, up to now, it is the best measured elevation (normalized at 0 for start/end of the lap) profile I get for my virtual wind tunnel venue. I rode slowly (18-20 km/h) on the 3420m of the venue and recorded data with the Joule 2.0 computer which had a great resolution (0.1m). The elevation is normalized in order to have H(0)=H(L)=0m.

Update 2020/07/15:
Added data during a ride (30-32 km/h) from the Blue Fly Vario variometer (named here BFV) built on a MS5611 barometer inside (providing same 0.1m resolution for elevation). Profiles are very closed, but we can notice that during the ride at higher speed with the BFV, the barometer reported lower altitude at some points (eg: 750-1200m), but not everywhere (eg: 250-500m).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Is the BlueFly Vario supported in your app yet? Or are you recording the data separately in another app?

bugno said...

The BlueFly Vario is supported in the app, but it is a hidden feature. I don't know yet if it will be released one day as it is still in test and has no interest other than validation for the moment.

Anonymous said...

Ok, thanks! I have the Bluefly and would be interested in beta testing in the future. I suppose very few other people are interested?

bugno said...

Yes, beta testing could be an option. Some existing feature (real time CdA during laps) could be improved with BFV and real benefit would be better assessed thanks to more testers... Contact me by mail once you are ready to test.

Anonymous said...

Great, I'll certainly reach out when I'm ready. I'm currently looking for a couple of testing locations that are away from traffic.